Promote fellowship and camaraderie for its membership through common interestes and by sponsoring social and volunteer activities for the benefit of the community.
Help insure a high quality lifestyle for all residents of the Cascades at Estero.
NAME and PURPOSE
The name of this organization shall be THE CASCADES AT ESTERO MEN'S CLUB.
The purpose of the Club is as described in the Mission Statement.
AUTHORITY and LIMITATIONS
1. The Club has been organized and will operate in full compliance with the rules and regulations of the Cascades at Estero Residents’ Association, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
2. The Club will not conduct business or obligate funds in the name of the Association.
MEMBERSHIP, MEETINGS, CONTRIBUTIONS, and QUORUM
1. Membership: The membership of this organization shall be open to all men residing in the Cascades at Estero. This is a Men’s Club for men only, as the Women’s Club is for women only. There will be no discrimination based on race, color, religion, disability, ancestry or national origin.
2. Meetings: Regular meetings shall be held monthly on the second Tuesday of each month, special meetings as called. In case of a tie vote by the officers of the Club, the issue shall be brought to the membership for resolution by a majority vote.
3. Contributions: Membership contributions shall be $20.00 per year, or a greater amount as may be approved by majority vote of the membership present at a regularly scheduled meeting and with at least 30 days advance notice provided to club members. Contributions shall be payable at the first regular meeting of the new year held in January.
4. Quorum: A quorum for membership meetings will consist of 25% of the paid membership. No meeting shall be considered official without a quorum present.
OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
Officers: The elected officers of the Club shall consist of President, Vice-President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Terms of Office: The officers shall be elected for a term of one year. The term of office shall be from January 1st following election until December 31st thereafter. In instances where there are insufficient candidates to fill all five positions, incumbent officers of the Club may hold office until a successor is elected.
Duties of officers:
A. The President shall:
Preside at all meetings of the organization.
Represent the Club at all times or designate someone as representative in his absence, or the absence of any of the officers, or inability to serve.
Appoint all committees.
Sign all financial contracts, and obligations, with the Treasurer, or any other incumbent officer of the Club in the absence of the Treasurer, authorized by the membership.
B. The Vice-President shall:
Assist the President and represent him when so requested.
Assume the duties of the President in his absence.
In the event of the resignation of the President, automatically assume the Presidency.
Perform such duties as may be assigned him by the President.
C. The Second Vice President shall:
Assist the Vice President and if necessary the President when so requested.
Assume the duties of the Vice President in his absence.
In the event of the resignation of the Vice President to automatically assume the position of the Vice President along with the respective duties of that position.
Perform the duties as the Men’s club Welfare Chairman to distribute get well wishes and gift certificates to members who are hospitalized or suffer major sickness. The distributions are to be in accord with the guidelines established by the Board of the Men’s Club.
Perform such duties as may be assigned to him by the President or Vice President.
D. The Secretary shall:
Record and keep minutes of all meetings of the Club.
Keep an accounting of attendance at such meetings
Keep a current, correct, classified list of names and addresses of all members of the Club.
Conduct the general correspondence of the Club.
Keep a copy of Bylaws, rules, resolutions, and all filed reports.
E. The Treasurer shall:
Be custodian of all funds of the Club.
Disburse funds, if less than $200, and if directed by the membership, when in excess of $200.
Keep an account of disbursements.
Send notice of unpaid contributions to members by March 1st.
Make a written report of all receipts and disbursements for all meetings and as otherwise directed by the President.
Submit books for an annual cash audit by a qualified person(s), as approved by the membership.
1. The Club Governing Body will comprise of the elected officers.
2. Committees will be comprised of Club members in good standing and will operate within the authority of this document.
3. Should the President be unable to complete the term of office the Vice President shall assume the office of President. Should a Club Officer vacancy occur, the President shall recommend a Club member in good standing to fill out the term of office with the approval of the membership.
4. Officers of the Club and members will not receive compensation nor accept any salary or other compensation for their services. Compensation is defined as pay, reward, gratuity, discount, return (whether monetary or not), etc to any person for work or services done. Any compensation, as previously defined, shall be the property of the Men's Club with the same rules applying as to disbursements.
5. Minor expenses may be reimbursed if approved in advance by a majority of the Officers.
6. The Club Governing Body will have the power and responsibility to adopt such rules and regulations as they deem desirable and are consistent with and do not conflict with the rules and regulations of the Association.
7. The President shall bring all business, old and new, before the membership for discussion and approval.
1. A Club checking account is to be opened with a local financial institution agreed upon by the majority of the incumbent Club officers. Any and all withdrawal of funds approved for disbursement evidenced by a Club check, must bear the signatures of two (2) authorized signers of the Club Deposit Account on site with the financial institution of record. The Club checking account of record may be moved to another agreed upon financial institution. There is to be only one (1) Club checking account to be in existence at any time.
2. Any purchase or disbursements exceeding $200 must have approval of a majority vote at a meeting of the Club membership.
3. The Club will operate under a January 1st through December 31st fiscal year. The Club will retain all financial records for five years.
4. An appointed review team will conduct an annual review of the Treasurer’s records. The review will be made within 90 days of the close of the fiscal year. The results of the review will be reported to the Club membership at the next regular membership meeting.
5. The Club officers shall prepare an annual budget (for the calendar year) to be approved by majority vote at a meeting of the Club membership.
6. The purchase of all equipment and furnishings must conform to the Association guidelines.
In the event of the dissolution of the Club, all tangible assets of the Club, including, but not limited to, bank deposits, furnishings, any and all accessories; shall be turned over to the Association, providing approval is obtained from the membership by a majority vote. If the membership should not approve this action, then the membership shall determine, by a majority vote, the disposition of aforementioned assets.
NOMINATIONS and ELECTIONS
Considerations for Nomination shall be submitted at the October meeting of each year for each elective office.
Nominations may also be made from the floor as well as written nominations.
Only members who maintain an active membership in good standing with this Club shall be nominated for an elective office.
Elections shall be held at the regular November meeting each year.
Elections shall be by ballot and a majority of all votes cast shall constitute an election.
Where there is only one candidate for office, election may be by voice vote. If there is more than one candidate for office, election shall be by secret ballot. No proxy voting is allowed.
All records maintained by any and all officers of the Club will be turned over to incoming officers immediately following election to office.
Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Club in all matters of procedure which are not covered by these Bylaws.
These Bylaws may be amended or replaced at any business meeting of the Club, provided that all suggested changes have been presented to the membership in written form one month previously. The Bylaws shall be considered amended, or replaced, by a two-thirds vote of those members present and voting and shall go into effect immediately upon adoption.